Thursday, April 27, 2006

That's a lot of babies

How about in exactly two weeks, three babies have been born to people that I know. First Jac had Luke. Then my brother's wife had Zachary. There weren't suppose to be anymore births for about 2 months. Then yesterday when I showed up for cell group I was greated with a frantic "Jaimie is in labor." We ended up playing cranium until we got the next call about a half hour later that Jaimie had delivered a tiny little girl. And then the third and final call, that the little girl who still doesn't have a name, would be leaving our little town and heading for the children's hospital in Louisville. We went over to the hospital to pray for the baby and Jaimie and Adam. By the way the baby doesn't have a name yet because, we'll just say that Jaimie and Adam weren't exactly prepared completely. What I was struck with last night was how not in control we are. We think we have everything planned out and under control. I was watching my friend last night and realizing she had no control over her own body, her circumstances, etc... and she was getting a little frustrated. The hospital staff had wisked her daughter away and Jaime hadn't even gotten to see her. And again I thought, this is a circumstance in which we are forced to trust God. I have no control and I can either choose to trust God, or get frustrated angry and even bitter. So today I will trust God. I will trust Him that Luke will grow up to be a man of integrity and sound faith, I will trust that my brother and his wife will come to know the Lord and raise their son to also be a man of integrity and sound faith. And I will trust that Jaime and Adam's new daughter will be given the right treatments, that God will keep her safe and that she will grow up to be a women who walks with the Lord. (and that God inspires them with a name soon so we can stop calling her "the baby")

No comments: