Sunday, February 15, 2009
Health History
I take care of sick people a lot, so it's a wonder that I am not sick more often than I am. However this week has been a monster. On Monday night I ended up staying at work longer than normal, due to some unforseen fun not involving injury or illness or the basketball team. Towards the end of the meeting I was feeling ill and was trying to get the people to wrap it up so I could make it home before getting ill. I didn't sleep much and I woke up at 5:45 and got in my car and drove to work. Upon arriving at work I realized that I felt like I'd been hit by a truck, and that my temperature was 99.9 I called my coworker, who I might add had just gotten in from a trip with the men's team at 3am. By the time he arrived and I left, which was approximately 45 minutes, I had taken tylenol and my fever was still climbing, to 101.3. I went home and stayed in bed and didn't move except to eat chicken noodle soup, and take more tylenol and sometime in the middle of the night tuesday the fever broke and so did the full body ache. I went to work on Wed, and then to cell group that night with a mild cough and loosing my voice. Weird. THursday my voice was still around but slowly fading and by Friday, I was wispering. I wasn't feeling bad, no fever, no runny noise, none of that. Friday night the coughing increased substantially, as did the amount of stuff coming out my noise. I know, awesome. So last night, after our game, our team physician basically told me that I sounded like death, though he said it much nicer, called in antibiotics, he already called in a steriod pack earlier in the week due to the whole lost voice thing. So now I am sitting in bed at home on a Sunday, eating more chicken soup, which I HATE by the way, with a ton of housework that has been neglected for probably close to a month, taking my sudafed, and steroids, and antibiotics, and allergy and asthma meds like clock work, and hoping that by tommorrow morning, I will be feeling better and not blowing grey stuff and blood out my noise or coughing up green goo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment