Wednesday, July 01, 2009

oops...

I have this annoying tendency to loose my keys. My coworkers tease me about this bad habit, I think to myself, "gosh it could be a lot worse."
When I was a senior in college and living in an apartment off campus, my roommate would inevitably come home from her night shift at the children's home to find me sound a sleep, the door locked from the inside, and my keys still in the key whole on the outside.
Therefore the following story should not suprise anyone. A few weeks ago my keys went missing. I couldn't find them anywhere, I looked and looked for about 32 hours. I used my spare to drive around town. I decided to go for a short hike with Brady at one of my favorite hiking spots. I got almost all the way around the lake, then had to turn back and walk all the way back around it because the trail was flooded. (We had been getting a lot of rain at the time) I returned to my car to notice this:


um hmm, yup those would be my keys, in the key hole, at the trunk of my car. What was I thinking? I should have looked there first.
While we are at it, this is how Brady rides in my car when we go for hiking trips:

Yes, she rests her head on the sideview mirror. If they made motorcycles for dogs, she would definately need one.

1 comment:

Arwen said...

So funny! I used to just shake my head in wonderment when I'd come home find your keys in the door, or every light in the house on, or the oven, or when you didn't know that your room was cold because you hadn't put down your storm window, or the fact that you didn't know what a storm window even was.......seriously, one of the best years of my life, best roommate EVER!