For the last several weeks I have been travelling a lot. I have made some general observations as I have been in 10 different states this month. Here they are, in no particular order. Feel free to add you own in the comments.
1. in the South we don't have traffic jams on Thursday mornings at 10 am. In fact we don't really ever have stop and go traffic unless you live in a major metropolitan area like Atlanta or Houston
2. In the South men open doors for women, whether they know them or not, whether they are feeble old ladies, or pregnant women, or incredibly attractive, or just you average Josephine. In the North, not so much.
3. In the North people take public transportation much more frequently. In the South public transportation doesn't really exist that I know of.
4. In the North you can find an abundance of ethnic foods, like Canolis, Pasta Carbonara, grocery store sushi, any nationality of restaurant known to man.
5. In the South you can find any number of (fried) chicken restaurants, Popeyes, Zaxby's, Chic Fil A...
6. In the North people are differentiated between your friends and your acquaintances, in the South everyone is your long lost friend
7. In the South people don't criticize each other, instead they say things like "Bless his little heart," in the North people speak their mind and say what they really mean.
8. In the North women get more dressed up on any given day of the week, but for church on Sunday people in general get way more dressed up in the South
9. In the South women wear a lot of make-up, in the North women don't wear much make-up at all.
10. This may make some people mad, but there are generally, according to my naked eye, many more overweight people in the North, however, the people in the South that are overweight tend to be more morbidly obese.
11. People in the North eat WAY more ice cream, WAY MORE.
12. In the North it's trendy to be active, in the South people just are active.
13. In the North people put on workout outfits, in the South people just throw on any old t-shirt and pair of shorts to workout, they don't necessarily coordinate.
14. In the North it is way more convenient to recycle and way more people actually recycle than in the South
15. In the South people ask what church you go to, assuming that all people go to church, in the North, umm well you might be the only Christian most of your coworkers have ever known.
16. In the South we have the Southern swoop, in the North we have the frat boy look, on grown men
17. In the North there are WAY more men with facial hair, WAY more.
3 comments:
I have noticed, since I am "on the road" a lot and stop at a lot of convenience stores, that men do hold the door for me (hope I'm not the old granny), but then again, I hold the door if someone else is coming in as well. Maybe it's a convenience store thing.
Ooops, meant to add, I am in NH, therefore this is from the north.
#7 cracked me up...it is SO true!
Post a Comment