Monday, January 07, 2013

13 in 13

I've taken a break from blogging in the last several months.  Life has been good, but I feel like getting back to it a bit.

I'm not normally one for making resolutions, but I think the start of the new year is a good time to reflect and take note of what you did well in the last year, and what areas of your life need some work.  It's often an opportunity for many to start making significant life changes.
I decided to make a list of 13 things I want to accomplish this year.  None of them are earth shattering, but maybe more of a commitment to do the things I am already doing better.

1. Be more diligent about my time with the Lord

2. Do some sort of volunteer work at least 1 time per month.  The list includes volunteering at soup kitchen, with Habitat for Humanity, and at my beloved Rumney Bible conference

3. Run a 5k race or a timed 5k at least once a month

4. Turn my phone off more when I am spending time with people.  (I have done this more in the last several month and it is glorious)

5. Spend 1 hour every week calling/texting/writing cards of encouragement to people

6. Go see a Broadway show

7. Give thanks daily

8. Go hiking somewhere I've never been at least 1 time per month

9. Read at least 1 good book per month

10. Visit the following places: the Bronx Zoo, the MET, Ground Zero, Chinatown, Mystic Seaport, Newport beach, Point Judith Beach

11. Plan a girls weekend with a group of close friends

12. Go skiing at least once

13. Eat 100% paleo 100% of the time

No comments: