Monday, June 09, 2008

Taiwan... OR COLUMBIA (South America)

Last Thursday I got a call from Shannon at Athletes in Action. The long and short is that I will no longer be travelling with them to Taiwan, instead I will be travelling with them to Columbia. People keep asking me which one. Several people have asked if I mean South Carolina, one person asked me if I meant Columbia, Ohio. I didn't know there was a Columbia, Ohio. Anyway, I will be going to Columbia, in South America. So to get excited about this fun change of plans here are some fun facts:
1. Spanish is the official language (Cate does not speak spanish)
2. They use 110 volt appliances (that means I don't have to take converters)
3. They use the metric system
4. Their currency is the Columbian Peso
5. We will be there during the "less dry season" which means it won't be the wet season but it won't be extremly dry either
6. Bogota, one of the cities we will be visiting is a mountain top city (yay for mountains!)
7. Cartagena, another city we will be visiting is on the Carribean ocean
So basically we will be in two of Cate's favorite places, the beach AND the mountains!

No comments: