
There are 11.5 days left till I leave for Colombia! And there are a ton of things I have to get done. Here is a list:
1. I really need to mow my lawn
2. I need to pack, then unpack, then repack half of what I packed the first time
3. I need to call the newpaper and tell them to hold it for me
4. I need to tell the post office to hold the mail (I did pick up the form)
5. I need to either find a ride to the airport or see if I can park my car at a friend's in Nashville
6. I need to make sure I bring my passport and plane ticket
7. I need to clean out my fridge
8. I need to clean my house and especially make sure the trash is out when I actually leave
9. I need to make sure all my bills are paid, specifically my mortage, electric, and utilities
10. I need to workout the details of Brady's extended play date with my friend's dog and give them the bag of dog food
11. I need to finish the hotel reservations and turn in the contracts for the upcoming basketball season
12. I need to find someone to work the last men's basketball camp
13. I need to ask someone to watch my house and give them a key
When I was growing up we would leave for vacation and be gone for a month and a half. I don't know how my mom did it. Not only did she have all the details about our house, dog, bills, etc... to take care of, she also had 3 kids the pack for. It's always so so busy before going on a long trip. There are always a million things running through my head that I need to get done. I always end up getting on the plane and remember about 17 things that I didn't do, and then it hits me, it doesn't matter now cause I am on a plane and if it's not done now, it won't get done. It's kind of like life. We spend so much time running around worrying about things like whether or not we will get everything done at work, or whether or not we will be able to rewire the house in the next 6 months, will I have enough money saved to retire when I'm 55 or 60 or whatever? But in the end one day we will be on our way home to be with our Heavenly Lord and non of that stuff will matter. What does Jesus say in Matthews? Oh right, today's troubles are enough for today. Don't worry, I will clean both toilets before I leave so that my house isn't sitting with dirty toilets for 3 weeks mom, I promise I will remember. PS the picture at the top? My older brother and I on vacation in the mid 80s at my grandparents cottage in Maine, mom remembered our play clothes but the probably forgot to throw away the milk in the fridge, good thing she remembered to have someone thoroughly clean the house including the carpets who probably found the rotting milk and threw it away.
No comments:
Post a Comment