Sunday, February 06, 2011

Warby Parker

Several months ago a friend posted on facebook that she had recently purchased some glasses from Warby Parker. She was very pleased with them.
I had never heard of the company and so I decided to check them out.

Warby Parker is a company that was started to provide affordable glasses to people. The company founders were not happy with the exorbitant cost of glasses when the manufacturing costs are extremely low. They also wanted to give back.
So glasses are $95, prescription lenses and all. Not only that, for every pair of glasses you purchase, they donate a pair of prescription glasses to someone who needs them but can't afford them.

I told Arwen about it. She was in need of new glasses before I was decided to try them out, she had a good experience and loved her new pair.


I was in need of some new glasses this fall, and so I decided to try Warby Parker out. First I perused their website.
I uploaded a photo of myself and tried glasses on it.



Then I ordered five pairs of frames, which they mailed to me for free to try on.
Once they arrived, I was able to try them on.
The great thing about having them send the glasses for try-on is that I was able to have several friends and coworkers offer their opinions, and I also did not have my eyes dilated.
I ended up purchasing the ones in the picture, they looked better in person than on the virtual try-on.

I picked a pair, Aubrey, in king's purple, and sent all 5 pairs back to Warby Parker, they paid for the shipping.
Then I ordered my new glasses, sent in the prescription, and waited.
The new glasses arrived in less than a week.
They fit perfectly.

Then I submitted the receipt to my health savings account people. It wasn't an acceptable receipt they said.

So I called Warby Parker.
A most amazing thing happened.

A person answered the phone.

It never went to a automated directory with options to choose.

It just rang, and then someone said "Hello, Warby Parker, how may I help you"

I was so stunned I fumbled for words.

And then I told the lady what I needed.

She said "oh absolutely, let me email you a better receipt."

And then before we had even hung up, there was the new receipt in my email inbox.

Amazing.

So if you are in need of some new glasses, or will be eventually, or know some one who wears glasses, check out this company.

No comments: