Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Sunrise, Sunset

I love to watch the sunrise. I love it when I'm out for a run that is timed right, and the sun comes up as I'm running. I love to watch the sunset as I am driving over the lakes near my house.
I take lots of pictures of sunsets.



This is the sun setting over a farm in Missouri that belongs to family friends.




Sunrise on a hiking trip in the White Mountains of New Hampshire




Sunset over the pacific ocean in San Diego, CA




Sunset while driving over Kentucky Lake




Sunset over Hematite Lake in LBL on a winter hike.




Sunrise over Wallis Sands beach, Rye, New Hampshire



There is just something peaceful to me about watching the sun come up, or go down, it's even better over water. Some people have a spot or a place that they go when they need to find some solace or do some deep thinking. I don't necessarily have a specific spot, and I don't even have to be alone.

Sometimes I will randomly stop as I'm loading groceries into my car, and look up at the sky


Like this.




Once I took a whole series of photos of these clouds, and the sun reflecting off them at a baseball game



Maybe it's because I grew up watching this


And maybe it's why I am very very excited to have some potential time this coming week to wake-up early, and watch the sunrise, potentially over a large body of water, otherwise known as the ocean!!!

No comments: