As I was wrapping presents today, I was thinking about the best presents I've ever given or received. I feel the need to highlight a few.
Last year for Christmas I got a gift from my best friend Arwen that I was excited about. I didn't realize how it would transform my life.
What I opened on Christmas morning was a package of packing cubes.
You can buy them here.
I had always had a problem with suitcase explosion. I would try to be strategic about my packing, putting my PJs on the top, but inevitably, within 24 hours of the start of a trip, the contents of the suitcase would be in a huge pile surrounding the suitcase.
After receiving the cubes, I tried several different arrangements over the course of the last year. I've finally come to a packing plan that works for me.
Specific cubes for whole specific outfits, socks and all. The picture below is the cube for the bus ride home outfit. I carry it into the gym with me before the game. It's amazing.
And now my suitcase looks like this.
What's more amazing than the fact that my suitcase starts out like this, is that it stays relatively like this for the duration of the trip. And yes that is a candle, yes it goes on the road with me.
Looking for a great gift for that person who travels a ton? Look no further than the packing cube.



No comments:
Post a Comment