If you knew that the foods you eat regularly and love were major contributors to a chronic illness in your life, would you be willing and able to cut those foods out?
What if those foods were major parts of the normal diet in our society?
Recently I came to the realization that by eliminating certain foods from my diet, I might be able to have much better control of my allergies and asthma.
I had been reading about it for a while, this crazy diet, really lifestyle. I knew a couple friends who had switched. Over Christmas I decided it was time to test it out, this crazy thing called the paleo diet.
I was visiting my family, two of them had already switched, which made it much easier.
That's a grainless, dairyless, legumeless Christmas dinner right there.
Currently I'm on day 15 since I eliminated all grains, most dairy, and legumes, and I've already started to notice some decreases in my allergy symptoms.
I'm anxious to see if it continues to decrease me allergies and asthma.
I'll keep you updated on how it goes.
In the meantime, I'm actually really enjoying having to be creative and eat foods that weren't part of my regular on the go, grab something fast food. And for clarification, I don't mean fast food restaurants, I mean fast and easy to throw together food like sandwiches.


No comments:
Post a Comment