Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Caution: Adventure Ahead

It's been a while since I posted here. There has been so much going on in my life and I decided it was prudent not to post anything . In less than a month I will take off from this little west Kentucky town.

Where I am going I am not exactly sure.


Yes, if you know me well you know that this is completely out of character for me.

The back story is this: about 2 years ago I started praying for direction and clarity. I felt like my time here was coming to a close. I was tired of spending holidays alone, missing my niece and nephew's birthdays. I wanted to be close to friends who like to hike, who are up for random road trips and adventures. I wanted to be in a place where there might be some single guys my age. I know, this is a lot to ask for.

A year ago I mentioned this plan to 2 close friends, they jumped for joy and said "we have been praying you would come to this decision." I started looking for jobs and I put my house on the market. It sold very quickly. I moved in temporarily with friends and moved my stuff into storage. My parents took my dog for the time being. (I am now fearful they may keep her forever)

I still don't have a job lined up, but God has given immense clarity, it is time for change.

I have 5 weeks of vacation accumulated, I have been given the opportunity to use it before moving on to my next place of employment. I am going on a road trip to New England. I did do this last summer, but this time it will be different.

There are somethings I have set-up, like spending Friday night-Monday of Memorial day weekend in Pennsylvania with good friends, and meeting another friend in NYC for the day on Memorial day.

Mostly I will be enjoying time with friends and family, going to the beach, hiking Mt Washington, and learning to slow down and rest.

I am hoping that during those 5 weeks I will have interviews, and hopefully job offers.

I am hoping during those 5 weeks that I get to laugh with friends,
and eat meals with my family. I plan to randomly pull off the highway when I see signs for things like civil war battlefields, or random historical sites.
I plan to drop in on friends at work with coffee and a smile.
I plan on reading some good books and helping my Aunt and Uncle in the garden. I plan on finally eating at my cousin's restaurant.  I plan on watching the sun rise over the Atlantic. I plan on visiting my great aunt and meeting another cousin in Boston for fun. 
Mostly I plan on not having a really structured plan, and slowing down a bit, except when I go out for runs.

The family I am currently living with suggested that I update my blog along the way with pictures, silly stories, profound epiphanies, etc... I thought that was an excellent idea. So here it goes...

No comments: