Thursday, June 07, 2007

"yeah that happens to me at work.. I think the way I deal with it is that I know things will get better.. i mean it can't ALWAYS be sucky ALL the time. Like I know God has better things for me. Like God shows me a lollipop but wants me to reach for his snickers bar thats not too far away... "
This evening I was talking to my dear friend Brian, aka Big RED. He is a dear friend from college. When he was a kid he had cancer TWICE. He lost half his lungs and one of his kidneys in the ordeal. Then when we were sophmores in college he had his heart transplant. I think it would be understandable if he was a cynic. BUT he's not. He became a Christian when we were in college and has such a child like faith. It's so refreshing. He loves life, he loves people, and he gives people the absolute best hugs. I once saw him tell a complete stranger that God had given him a new heart. The guy was like "yeah yeah everyone says that." Then Red said "No you don't understand, He physically gave me a new heart!" He lifted up his shirt to reveal his scars. The guy's eyes were as big as grapefruits. And then Red proceeded to tell him the story of God restoring his life, spiritually, and physically. When ever I talk to Red it's like a breath of fresh air, so refreshing, so real.

No comments: