I haven't blogged in a really long time, over a year actually. I hadn't had much positive to say, and so I just didn't say anything.
Then over the course of the summer and fall I made some decisions, they were definitely hard at first, but I am glad I made them. Slowly but surely, God began to restore me, the weight that I had been carrying was lifted.
There is a song by SUPERCHICK has a song that I sometimes find myself listening to, have since I was junior or so in college, it's called "Let It Be" The first verse and chorus are as follows
Some people bring you gifts
Some bring you bricks to weight you down
So they can swim a little higher
While you drown
Some people mean so well
Their way was the best way that they found
But any other way you choose is a brick that weights you down
So tell me, what do I do
With this backpack full of bricks
Of sticks and stones and words that stuck to me like ticks
Let it go, let it be
Brick by brick we can be free
Of all the words we saved
Till we were our own enemies
Let it go, let it be
Brick by brick we can believe
In the person God intended us to be
Let it be
Lately as I have let go of some of the brick, I have found myself formulating blog posts in my head, and so I thought it was time to get back to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment