This morning I went for a run in downtown Huntsville, AL. After any beach, anywhere, it's one of my favorite places to run. There is a great park, and though it is a city, it is not an excessively busy city so having to cross streets isn't really a problem. It's pretty clean and safe looking also.
Often I do a lot of thinking when I run. I figure out a lot solutions to problems. I think about what I have been reading in God's Word. I pray a lot for people and about situations while I run.
This past weekend some friends got married. I am extremely happy for them, and I am thankful that throughout their relationship, they have chosen to honor God, choose His best. To some of our other friends, who are not Christians, this was very confusing. Some weren't exactly understanding, some were outright mean about it all.
So as I was running I was thinking about how hard it is sometimes to choose God's best in a world that tells us to do what we want, what feels good, take what we want.
Discipline, self-control, selflessness, these are not traits that our society holds high.
I was thinking about how counter cultural it has become, to not sleep with someone until you are married to them, or to ask the dad's permission, or to put the needs of someone else before your own. I was thinking about how quick people are to form opinions, because I choose not to swear, because I choose not to drink, because I would prefer not to speak harsh things about others or to others, make fun of others.
At the very end of the run, I came across this group of ducks.
It was God's reminder to me, that yes, sometimes it's hard, but ultimately, if we are His children, we are called to a higher standard. We are called to stand out.
2B56%2BAM.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment