There are few times in my life where I have been this overwhelmed with God's faithfulness. Yesterday I accepted a new job offer. For just over a year I prayed, and others joined me.
I prayed that it would be within a 2 hour radius of my Aunt's house and close to other friends and family as well...
It's exactly 2 hours from my Aunt's house, the only place it's over 2 hours from is Arwen, and it's still not that far.
I prayed for a fall and spring sport assignment instead of a winter sport assignment so I would be able to be with family for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and also able to occasionally go up to the Christian camp which is dear to my heart for Snow Camps.
I was given a fall/spring sport assignment.
I prayed for a boss committed to life balance...
The first thing I was asked about during both my phone and face to face interview was how I achieved good life/ work balance because that is very important to them.
I prayed that God would meet my financial need, and that I wouldn't have to pull back from supporting friends in full-time ministry...
He answered this request in abundance.
I prayed for a location where there would be several decent churches to consider attending, in New England this is no small thing...
There are several on the list to check out.
I prayed for female coworkers...
I will have several.
I prayed for an opportunity to remain involved educating the next generation of athletic trainers...
I will be working at a school with a large, highly respected undergraduate athletic training program.
Then there are the things I didn't pray for...
A mountain with a running trail RIGHT NEXT TO CAMPUS
Being smack dab in between Boston and New York City
A start date that leaves me transitioning from one job to the next without any lapse in pay
Reimbursement for relocation costs
Amazing opportunities for continuing education...
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
No comments:
Post a Comment