Sunday, June 03, 2012

A weekend with the brother

One of the hard things of having lived in many different places, and having friends all over the world is that sometimes friends are hurting and they are far away.  That describes how I felt much of this weekend.  Friends back in Kentucky were sending me text messages as their niece's condition deteriorated after extensive injuries from a terrible car accident on Memorial day.  As I write this blog, they have prepared for the worst, while still hoping and praying for the best.  Please pray for them.

While my heart was heavy Friday I headed out to my brother's.
When I was driving up from Pennsylvania on Monday, I stopped in for a short visit.  I told my niece and nephew that I was planning on moving to live closer to them.  My nephew stated his opinion, "I think that's a good idea Auntie Cate."

Me too.

A quick hour and a half drive found me at my brother's right as he was getting home from picking his son up from school.  It was a low key evening that involved some awesome self portraits!



It was a weekend filled will lots of rain, and fun activities.
In the past most of the time when I am with my brother's family, there is much of the extended family around as well and so quality time together just doesn't happened.  This weekend was a different story.  My sister in law left for the weekend to be with her BFF who is going through a rough time, though it would have been great to get to spend time with her also, I'm glad she was able to go be with her friend.

Saturday was a full day even though it was pouring rain the whole day.  It was most definitely the kind of cold wet New England day that I have missed.
We found some awesome indoor activities! 
In typical New England fashion, Sunday's weather was a complete 180 with beautiful sun!  So of course we went hiking!  Really it was more of a walk in the woods, but hoping that the walk in the woods turns into hikes and backpacking trips as they get older.

 It's amazing to think about the fact that I've spent more time with my brother's family this week than I have in the last 2 years combined!

No comments: